Monday, July 6, 2009

10 years

Friday brings 10 years of wedded bliss for Don and I:)

God has blessed us incredibly - I love him more today than I did 10 years ago and I would rather spend my time with him than with anyone else or doing anything else!

One thing that surprises me is how many changes have happened over the 10 years - here is a quick list: (I will add to it during the week as I think of more)

  • 2 kids
  • 2 dogs
  • our 3rd house - same town
  • changed churches
  • we began to use twitter, facebook and blogs
  • I went from teaching full time to stay at home mom to working part time evenings
  • my mom and dad have both passed away
  • we are each on our 3rd car or so...
  • we gave away a car and a van to the same couple - approx 3 years apart
  • we visited ohio, florida, and myrtle beach and don went to India
  • both kids have asked Jesus into their lives and hearts
  • we have each gained 20 pounds and lost it again
  • we have made some great new friends
  • we have lost touch with some old friends
  • we have watched more than one set of some good friends divorce
  • we have seen family members divorce
  • we have been both blessed and challenged by God


What I know is that God has plans for us over the next 10 years - plans I can't dare to imagine!

My plan for the next 10 years -- to trust HIM - with my life, my marriage, my kids, my parenting - with it all. Even though it can be overwhelming for me - I know that nothing is too big or too small for my God.

3 comments:

Jewel said...

Congratulations on 10 years! We just celebrated 9 years! I totally agree with you that I would rather be with Ben than do anything else! Altho hanging out with the ladies is fun!

pompom said...

very Nice blog site..

James Pereira said...

hello, u hv a lovelt blog n i want to invite u to visit my biblical blog www.true-shapherd.blogspot.in rgds,james.