Sunday, December 30, 2007

new year's "resolutions"

So with the new year rapidly approaching
it easy to see I have set at least one "resolution" -
to read the bible all the way through in 2008.
But God has been gently prodding me
over the past week or so to do more in 2008 --
things that will grow my heart and
at the same time that will challenge my head -
things that will make a difference
in how I walk out my relationship with Jesus.
Here are 4 of the things He is leading me towards
(I will add more as they come):
  • to read 2 books a month during 2008 - not just fiction - not just parenting - but a wide array of things that will grow me! So I figured (yes, I am a structured person) that if I purchased a new book every other Saturday night at the GCC (Granger Community Church) bookstore before the service I would meet that goal. I purchased my first one last night -- Bringing Up Boys by Dr. James Dobson and I am on page 200 already (that is a whole other blog :))
  • to invite friends over once a month to fellowship in our home - either with or without our kids
  • to simplify, clean and/or organize small areas that only take a small amount of time - for instance I cleaned out the basket of books and magazines in our bathroom - threw away all the old ones and washed out the basket - it took a whole 10 minutes! My job is to keep the house as a peaceful, restful place for my family so that we can spend time doing what matters most!!
  • to get the kids scrapbooks caught up to december 2007 and begin organizing 2008 pictures - I want my kids to have a photo legacy of our family as well as their grandparents and be able to look back on memories we built as they were growing up!

No comments: