Monday, August 4, 2008

summer

It is almost over! Well I know not technically but at least in the terms of school vacation it is. I love my kids and so far God has not asked me to homeschool so..... I am excited that school starts in 2 weeks -- not really that they will be gone during the day - or half day for kindergarten. But that they will have something that is theirs individually again. A sense of indivuality that comes with school and a sense of structure that they need.

I personally feel that summer vacation is too long for my kids - they would do better with a lot more breaks during the school year -- like 9 weeks on 3 weeks off or something. Not only would they probably retain more but they would enjoy the 3 weeks and then go back before they got to the point of being crabby and irritating to each other!!!

I know as a mom I should savor this time -- it is going fast and I am sure that each summer will fly by and before I know it we will be at high school graduation.

However I do desire a time that has more sanity and less chaos. My husband asked me a question the other day - what if that never comes and this is not a phase but the family we were given?

My answer was way less than spiritual and not at all like the godly woman I want to be!!!!!!!

arrrggghhhhh.

No comments: