Friday, April 18, 2008

5.4 at 5:39

Ok well I just started reading a book called Seismic Shifts - it is about the little things that have huge impacts - makes sense so far. Then last night at GCC - Granger Community Church - I heard Pastor Tim Stevens speak about his new book Pop Goes the Church and he told a story about something that happened back in Iowa in 1981 - an old bunker filled with dynamite in the town blew up and literally knocked him off his feet in his living room.

All this to say at 5:39 am this morning I was totally freaked out - I was sound asleep and the bed started shaking - like from the foot of it to the head of it - almost made me sick to my stomach - as I woke up I thought maybe my husband had not left for work yet and walked by and bumped the bed so I sat up and said Is that you? -- no answer. I looked outside to see if it could have been rumblings of thunder - No - then I remember hearing the TV in the armoire move - you gotta know it is a teeny weeny 13 inch TV on a step stool in the armoire just so we can see it over our feet when we are lying in bed :) So of course now I am thinking - is there someone in my room - are they trying to steal my TV???

I decide to be tough and brave and turn on the TV - no rain - no storms no nothin' - Too freaked to go back to sleep I just lay there watching the news - Then they finally say there is breaking news - a 5.4 earthquake in Southern Illinois just occurred -- Great my first earthquake - well at least now I know I am not crazy - so I call my husband who is driving to work.

He did not feel anything but after he hangs up he texted me to say - he was listening to the bible on tape and Jesus just said there will be earthquakes in diverse places .

Isn't our God amazing????

2 comments:

Allison Reynolds said...

First off - Nice blog title =) You are getting very creative. And 2nd - that 13in TV on a stepstool in the armoire thats already on a shelf...I love the Reynolds' ingenuity =)

Love you!

Anonymous said...

I love how God gets our attention sometimes!