Friday, March 28, 2008

hopeless

I was listening to a song at church called "Hope for the Hopeless" and I started thinking - what does it mean to be hopeless? would I know if I was hopeless?

This sparked me to think back to before I became a Christian - some of you know a lot about me and some don't - I began a personal relationship with Jesus in 1996 and was baptized in 1998 and after hearing that song I think it would be fair to say that pre '96 I was hopeless.

If I put my hope in Jesus - then if I don't know Jesus aren't I hopeless?? I am talking about myself here - not pointing fingers or anything but I got the message loud and clear when hearing that song. Oh my - I was hopeless - I did not know the meaning and purpose of my life - I did not know that Jesus loved ME and that I mattered to God. And the bigger point -- I was deceived - I did not even know I was hopeless!!

My prayer - Lord please help me to know you intimately - to put my hope in your son Jesus and to know He is the answer to hopelessness.

No comments: