Saturday, January 5, 2008

day 2,3,4

  • day 2 -- wow have I been getting into this -- I can't read very far without saying to my husband - "hey did you know....?" So much information and detail - it is incredible to me. So I read in Gen 3:16 Then he said to women, "I will sharpen the pain of your pregnancy, and in pain you will give birth. ----- I knew that but read on.... "And you will desire to control your husband, but he will rule over you" whoa hold the phone -- I did not know this -- I have heard all about being a submissive wife and that it is what God wants and my husband actually makes it fairly easy for me to be submissive due to his respectful and loving and kind attitude towards me. But I had no idea this all came about with Eve eating that apple and getting Adam to do it too! Then in verse 3:22 he says they have become like us - does anyone find that intriguing?

  • day 3 --Did you know that Enoch disappeared because God took him!! -- plus it says that when God was sorry he made us and put us on earth it also says "it broke his heart" now that is something to think about! And wow Noah did EVERYTHING the Lord asked him too! No wonder he was the only blameless man at that time -- he did everything - I don't feel like I am at 50% most of the time :( And as a gentle reminder Jesus' time in the dessert and how he handled it continually reinforces how I need to get into scripture so I can use it effectively as my weapon against satan when he comes knocking on my door.

  • day 4 - this got me thinking Gen 9:6 -- if anyone takes a human life, that person's life will also be taken by human hands. So how do you take this? What do you think?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Day 2: said the pains will increase. So, if they were to increase, then maybe she had already had other children so she would know the difference and that it would be a punishment.

Day 4: It almost made me think that capitol punishment was ok. I still don't believe that's the right answer, but it got me thinking that maybe this is the verse that people use to say that killing is ok. Hmm...something to pray about.