Wednesday, January 23, 2008

old testament soap opera

I just keep reading and reading and reading and reading and I still can't get over all the stuff about numerous wives, servants, lies, cheating, murder -- really I think they make todays soap operas almost seem tame. Granted they weren't doing all those things for others to watch and live vicariously through...... however I am amazed at God's patience and faithfulness to them. He kept his word -- when he made a covenant with them he followed through regardless of their future behavior. There are so many examples I do not know where to begin. Can you believe it? If, instead of focusing on the mess they got themselves into, I can focus on God and his role in it all I can truly walk away with some great lessons in parenting and marriage! I love my husband, son and daughter no matter what. On July 10, 1999 I entered into a covenant with my husband and God. -- No matter what the future holds that covenant will remain - my marriage is not dependant upon behavior it is dependant upon God! On Septmenber 13, 2000 I gave birth to my first child, a son, and no matter how hard it is right now -- he is a gift to me to raise for God and I want to do it right! On September 6, 2002 God gave me a daughter to raise for Him -- I have no idea how long she will be mine but I want to spend these days doing it His way!

As I type this I realize I do not enter into relationships lightly :) and you know what..... I am thankful for that --- it means that each relationship I am in is an important one to me - one that I want to invest in - one I want to grow with and one I want to share God with -- If you are reading this you probably already know that about me :)

2 comments:

Taylor Girls said...

i love that about you caryn...that you don't take relationships lightly...that you invest your whole self into them but you don't pressure the other person to do the same....however being your friend is awesome!...you challenge me as a mommy, guard director, friend, Christian and wife. i think that's a lot of ground to cover but b/c of your awesome personality MIXED w/ your amazing zeal to be like Jesus...you can't help but be the friend in my life that challenges me...even if we're talking about nonsense:). love you girl! couldn't imagine life w/out you...for real!
jen

caryn said...

friends are such an awesome part of the equation and this journey we call life -- I am growing so much because of my friends -- thanks Jenny for all you have to say about me - I thank God for people like you in my life that challenge me to be a better Christ follower and that every time I talk to you I walk away closer to who God wants me to be -- thanks!!