Monday, February 11, 2008

God of details

Reading Exodus over the past days has been incredibly challenging because of the amount of details it contains. At first I felt like I was getting lost -- all the measurements, the colors of the threads, the type of fabric, a description of the spices and on and on and on.... Then, it came to me -- He is a God of the details -- a God of the little things -- ALL things are important to him. So instead of getting lost I became comforted - he loves me and cares about all the details of my life--he wants me to see him -- not just in the big things but in the small too - he wants me to pray and take my cares to him -- not just my big ones but my small ones too -- he already knows what they are though by bringing them to him he knows that I know "who he is" the God of ALL things!

4 comments:

Don said...

Hmmm... I needed that. Gr8 perspective. I love you and love what happens when the Word gets into you. :*

caryn said...

and I am thankful you let God use you many years ago so that I could see Him!

Anonymous said...

I love your (Don's and Caryn's) relationship. You both serve each other with out complaint (at least in front of us). You never put each other down and you seem like "one" like the Bible says a marriage should be. I hope that one day I can serve Derick well and not grumble about having to pick up his socks that exploded all over the room in various crevices. Really, you guys are a great model to us and we love to watch you two interact together.

Unknown said...

Yes, you are right, Thank you for being there. When I needed to see that. & bless you for being used!!!!