Sunday, February 3, 2008

old age

Last night while dropping my daugher off at her "slide" for children's ministry a little girl said "she needs someone with her" I said "I know I am right here and I am her mommy" and this little girl of 4 said "oh I thought you were her grandma" Her mom who was standing about 2 feet away watching the exchange replied "oh my I think she is just being silly" You know what - though it is the last thing I needed when I already struggle with feeling old all I could think at the time was - this'll make a great blog :(

4 comments:

Don said...

hon, wait till they're in high school and we are 50. WHAT AM I SAYING???? oh well, i don't care. i love you! :)

Taylor Girls said...

stop it! you're not old! nor do you look it.

jen

Darla said...

The little girl was just perceptive...she wasn't commenting on physical looks...just the essence of your wisdom! :)

Anonymous said...

If you only heard the things she has said to other people, you would be so happy that she only called you "grandma". Our neighbor is extremely overweight, and she asked him if he's got some kids in there....(his belly)
I was mortified.
Being a Mommy is so much fun!