Wednesday, May 14, 2008

mother's day blessing

So here is my husband in the middle of the rain
finishing up my mother's day gift.
Our first landscape project at our new house.

Well, we've been living here for 18 months but it still seems new.

This is a gift that has a pattern to it.

Three years ago in May I was gone on a women's retreat and I came home to our old house to find my husband had started to landscape - it was a gift to me!

We spent the whole summer doing ALL the landscaping around our 1926 brick house - it was hard work and fun at the same time.

My husband was great at it -- he made it look natural - like it just all happened as a part of nature. I love my husband and I love his creative gift - it comes out in so many places - like landscaping or furniture or house colors!!

1 comment:

Linz said...

Aw that's so nice! Landscaping looks great:) glad I found you on here Caryn! Hope we can stay in touch!!