Tuesday, May 13, 2008

GCC Women's Conference

" Sometimes being listened to is so close to being loved its hard to tell the difference"
(Kathy Guy - Friday Night)

Vision, Intention, Method - the vision changes your intention!
"Who you want to be drives what you need to know and what you need to do"
"You've got 36 hours you can check out or lean in!"
(Mark Beeson - Friday Night)

Do you want to end up like my wife or my mom?
(Dr. Bob Laurent - Saturday Morning)

The smallest part of me - sung by Jason Miller

"How do you practice the presence of Jesus?"
(Mark Waltz - Saturday Afternoon)

How to prepare for the valley's in life.
I need a method or I will get sucked back....
Do it with God's methods instead of the world's
Get anchored in Christ
(Kathy Guy - Saturday Evening)

Let your mind be washed with the water of the word
(Rob Wegner - Sunday GCC message)


These are just tidbits from an awesome weekend that I got to spend with 2 of my close friends in Christ! We had an amazing opportunity to hear from God through wonderful speakers who listened to the spirit about what women need to hear and know.

I honestly can't believe all the conversations that occurred over the weekend with these 2 awesome godly women who inspire and challenge me every step of the way! I was challenged about so many things here are just a few:


  • I need to listen more and talk less - no surprise here!
  • Though I am intentional about my parenting I had a revelation - the things that bother me about my son - are the things in my own personality that bother ME - things I fight against being instead of just giving over to God!
  • Being judgemental is easy - being loving and kind like Jesus is hard (again no surprise)
  • If I am feeling far from God I need to look at what steps I am daily taking towards him.
  • If I want to live in the spirit I need to be in his word.
  • Maybe my perspective is off - things I think I have much of could really be little in God's eye - maybe there's more to this......
  • I need to let God's love change me from the inside out
  • I refuse to hang on to past hurts - thank God for the work he has done in me!
  • I don't want to live in winter when God calls me to live in spring
  • I love this passage from the message translation - Keep company with me and you will learn to live freely and lightly.
  • I want to show up for every appointment God has for me
  • When I give gifts to my kids I need to stop expecting a certain response!
  • I prepare for the valley when I know who I am in Christ - not who my husband thinks I am , or my friends or my job or my kids........
  • I can not parent out of fear of who my children will become
  • God only equips us for what he can see that we can't IF we surrender to being equipped!!!

I was so blessed by the weekend - I was strengthened, encouraged and challenged! God is amazing and knew what I needed!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

it is so great to watch God at work in your life. i am blessed to know you!
pb